Sunday 1 September 2013

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Foundation review

Aloha!

The 'Collection' foundation promises a 16 hour wear and, i could be wrong, but i'm sure it also promises a matte finish - both of which it lives up to. To top it off, it's oil free (I have oily skin so this is great) and an SPF of 20. Although many foundations also promise the same things, I'm a huge fan of this one. 


 I never used to wear foundation due to my terrible skin, but as i got older i thought, if i can find a foundation which doesn't completely make me break out, i'll be chuffed. This definitely has not let me down!!!

The first foundation i used was just a small, cheap and cheerful 'Miss Sporty' one in the shade ''01, light'
Although at the time i thought it was a fab foundation, especially for the price, it was only when i changed to the Collection one that i realised what i'd been missing out on. 

A few things about my skin and details of the product;
  • My skin, like my hair, is super super annoyingly oily and extremely spot-prone (i'm actually on tablets and a gel which is like ACID)
  • My foundation is in the shade 02, Ivory
Just as a heads up - If you are pale like me, and are thinking of going for shade 01 (vanilla, i believe) - it's a really odd colour, hence why i went up a shade, which matches my skin colour tonnes better.

This foundation is matte, so if you for some reason can't use a powder, you're safe to go without one. It...
  • Applies easily - I use either a foundation brush or a make-up sponge, but it also is easily applied with your fingers.
  • Truly gives a matte finish.
  • Lasts the day - Not sure about 16 hours as i've never had to wear it for that long!
  • Only need a pump and a bit for my whole face and down a bit of my neck to blend it. 
  • Available in a range of shades even though it's a cheaper drugstore brand.
But the great thing about this foundation is it's price - usually  £5.99 but it's been on offer for a while now for £3.99!
Would i recommend this? For oily skin - yes! But apparently it doesn't work as well on dry skin. However, i love it!


COMMENT
I'm desperate to find out everybody's different foundation! Let me know what you use and what it's like, just in case i fancy a change! ;)


- Neeve


1 comment:

  1. I'm from NZ so I can't get collection here but this one looks very nice! I haven't really experimented with many foundations but I love my Maybelline bb cream! :) great review, I love your blog :)
    kate xo

    http://katebeautyxo.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete